Monday 7 December 2015

Steps to Renounce Indonesian Citizenship in Singapore

At this point, I believe you have received the Approval Letter from ICA. CONGRATULATIONS!


Things to take note before going down to Indonesia Embassy:
  1. Make declaration to renounce Indonesian citizenship by Notary Public
    Bring the following documents:
    - ICA Approval Letter
    - Passport
    - SBKRI (Indonesian Citizenship Certificate) if any
    - Birth Certificate
    - Family Household Card (Kartu Keluarga)
    - KTP
    - Re-Entry Permit (Form 7)
    - Copy of Spouse's  Sg IC/Passport
    - Copy of Marriage Cert

    Do let them know if you don't have any of the documents with you. As for my case, I don't have SBKRI because I was born as Indonesian, not like my parents who have SBKRI because they were then WNA before converting to WNI.

    The Notary Public I used is
    Tan, Lee & Choo Advocates & Solicitors
    1 Park Road #04-04
    People's Park Complex
    Singapore 059108

    Tel: 65356077

    The cost is $176.75 (all inclusive gst etc) based on 04/12/2015. It is advisable to make appointment, to avoid disappointment. I was lucky that day, as I walked-in to do the declaration letter. I was served by Donna, very kind and friendly lady. You may look for her for your paper work.
    NOTE: It is open on Saturday too!! So, you can save your leave to do this. :D

    While sorting the documents, I was given a renunciation form to fill up my particulars etc. Please don't write the date or sign it , as you need to sign on the Materai (stamp duty).

    They offer to do Deed Poll (name change), just in case you wish to add you Chinese Name :)
    The fee will be $150 (all inclusive gst etc).
  2. The Declaration must be legalized by Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) located at 1 Supreme Court Lane, Singapore 178879 Tel: 63324388 Fax: 63344940

    Donna helped me to legalize the declaration on my behalf. Thank God, I don't have to run here to do the legalizing hehehe
  3. Submit the Declaration Letter with all your documents to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for endorsement.

    Address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Tanglin, Singapore 248163
    Office Hours: Mon-Fri (9am -12.30pm, 2.30 - 4.30 pm) Sat (9am - 12.30pm)

  4. Submit all your documents with endorsed Declaration letter to Consular Section at Indonesian Embassy in Singapore, and attach the following documents:
    - Original Declaration of Renunciation of Indonesian Citizenship from Notary Public
    - Approval Letter from ICA (Photocopy)
    - Original Birth Cert
    - Original Passport
    - Original SKBRI if any
    - Original KTP
    - Original or Photocopy of Kartu Keluarga
    - Copy of Spouse's Singapore IC (Photocopy)
    - Marriage Cert (Photocopy)
    - Singapore IC for applicant (Photocopy)
  5. The embassy will process the documents within 5 working days. The cost of legalization is $32. Submission time: Mon-Fri (9am-12pm)
Once you have received Indonesia Renunciation letter, you can proceed to take the Oath of renunciation, at the same time you can apply for Singapore IC and Passport.

Registration Operating Hours: 8am -3.45pm.


Welcome On Board Fellow New Citizens :)






21 comments:

  1. Hi. Im a Singapore citizen, was born in SG but my son was born in Indonesia. I forget to approach the singapore embassy in jakarta to declare thus my son automatically became an WNI. now that my son was given the approval as u mentioned. But he didnt have any skbri, kartu keluarga and ktp. Is that acceptable also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Im a Singapore citizen, was born in SG but my son was born in Indonesia. I forget to approach the singapore embassy in jakarta to declare thus my son automatically became an WNI. now that my son was given the approval as u mentioned. But he didnt have any skbri, kartu keluarga and ktp. Is that acceptable also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nora, I believe it is still acceptable for not submitting the required documents, because he doesn't have it and not applicable for your son's case.

      Delete
  3. Hi Marchiee,

    How long did you wait to get the In Principle Approval?
    I submitted the document on Mid-August but still pending until now.

    Regards,
    Wenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marchiee,

    I have completed the Sg ejourney and now waiting for letter to renounce my Indonesia citizenship. But I called to the law firm Donna she said if I don't have KTP, SKBRI and KAKA will have difficulty. I was moved to Malaysia since I was 12 years old. So, I don't have all the docs. Do you face the same problem with me and do you think they will accept I don't have all these docs. So worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Marchiee, how if dont jave KTP, SKBRI And KK ?

      Delete
  5. Yeah, this happens to me now! I dont have kk & ktp. Till now don't know what to do, I stay in Singapore for 13yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's to look for kk & ktp while we are not staying in the kampung for 16yrs. No family, no house or property, how to issue kk & ktp? I complete my sgjourney & get a declaration letter already, but once I go to Indonesia embassy in Singapore, do you know what I get? Rejection! And the embassy staff handling this counter rising his voice at me in front of many people without care my feeling! Oh my God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, can i ask how’s the process for you without KTP?

      Delete
  7. Hi Rebecca, may i know how is the process if no kk and ktp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post! so helpful. Donna at the notary public office is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! this post is really helpful! thanks!
    Donna is a good recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, anyone have the same case like me? I received my final approval letter now. However, am stuck as my SBKRI have different surname. Try to search for help on how to get the Surat Ganti Nama however the notatis in Indonesia say is a difficult case and the cost may goes up to 10 million rupiah with no guarantee. Pls help me if u have the same scenario like me and how u finally manage to solve it. Thank u in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same here, my KK had some typo on my name, I wonder whether that will be a problem. Have been e-mailing the embassy, they are just not replying. This is annoying and inefficient.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My KTP is expired and I heard that the lawyer just need to us to write a declaration letter and can proceed to the process. Does Anyone have any advice on this?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I turned 21 a very long time ago and Im very confused of the procedure. I got a letter from ICA saying that I have to do the Oath. But before I can take the Oath, I would have to get a Foreign Citizenship Renunciation Certificate. How do i get that? Maybe you would know? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi may i know how do you process this?

      Thanks in advance

      Delete
  14. Hi! Anybody have cleared without the KTP? And KK? Please advise how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi guys.. anyone have done the renunciation of Indonesian Citizenship online? https://sake.ahu.go.id
    And do we still have to legalized our documents at public notary? please help. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi winleys, how was your experience with the online renunciation? I just completed my SG Journey and waiting fothe approval letter, now hoping to get a glimpse of what to expect with this new system. Thanks!

      Delete